Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ok, this is my first blog entry!  Why start now?  Well, for one my husband is tired of listening to me.  I need a sounding board.  I love my job, but teaching can truly make you feel like you're in your own world or universe.  When the kids go to bed (4 and 8) I get out my work or computer and I'm off entering my "Teacheropolis" world.  Sometimes I wish that I had a desk job, where my feet didn't hurt and everything I did was appreciated.  Then a kid gives me a drawing with me as "the best teacher ever" or the kid that never answers a question actually volunteers and is correct and I'm back to feeling like I am where I belong.

I would like to use this blog to post both sides to my Teacheropolis world: the parts that make me frustrated and crazy, and the parts that keep me grounded and appreciative of what I have and what I do.  Unless you're a teacher it's hard to understand how rewarding and challenging our job can be.  There are times I'm in love with it and times I think I want a different job (often during the same hour).  There are times when I believe my being a teacher was a definite calling and times I think I should have taken a different call.  Feel free to add your own comments and entries whether they're warm and fuzzy or a sign that you would be better beating your head into a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment